Mascotte, the best known rolling paper brand in the Netherlands, is official partner and official paper of GROWLANDS 2020.
The Eindhoven based company has a long and illustrious history, dating back to 1858, when cigar factory Mignot & de Block was founded. In 1911 the company also starts making cigarettes.
Mascotte rolling papers are introduced shortly after World War II. Because there is a great shortage of paper and import is prohibited, Frank Mignot buys a batch of paper intended for printing Bibles from a Limburg printing company. Mignot & de Block markets these papers under the name Mascotte.
Today, the company has long ceased to produce tobacco products and specializes in rolling papers, filter tubes, filter tips. Last year Mascotte introduced custom king size rolling papers with the Dutch rappers Hef, Josylvio and Wally A$M. This successful collaboration with the Top Notch record label will continue in 2020 under the motto “Mascotte keeps rolling”.
The Mascotte product range includes king size rolling papers in various sizes, combination packs with filter tips, tip booklets and active filters. Mascotte Slim Size Organic are 100% organic hemp, unbleached papers in a FSC certified packaging.
- 1856: Adolf Mignot moves from Charleston to Eindhoven, where his sister has settled after her marriage to the Amsterdam businessman Anton de Block.
- 1858: Cigar factory Mignot & de Block founded in Woensel, The Netherlands.
- 1867: Bronze medal at the Paris World Exhibition.
- 1873: Large-scale expansion, cigar production to 50 million pieces per year.
- 1888: 71% of Mignot & De Block’s 377 employees are female.
- 1911: Start cigarette production, with brands like King’s Cross, Hunter, Croydon, Caravellis and Full Speed.
- 1919: Mignot & De Block starts cigar production in Java, under the name Negresco.
- 1945: Introduction Mascotte papers, made from bible paper.
- 1958: 100th anniversary celebration, Royal designation, Floraplein fountain gift to Eindhoven.
- 1969: Philip Morris takes over cigarette production from Mignot & de Block.
- 1997: Rizla and Mascotte rolling mill sold, Mascotte brand name remains property of Micres (Mignot Crescent).
- 2008: Celebration 150th anniversary Mignot & de Block.
- 2016: Mascot becomes sponsor of Cannabis Liberation Day.
- 2019: Mascotte makes king size rolling papers with the Dutch rappers Hef, Josylvio and Wally A$M.
- 2020: Mascot becomes official partner and official paper of GROWLANDS 2020.